The Human Resource Department envisions MCC’s with a diverse. Qualified , healthy , result
oriented and value driven workforce , committed and striving towards the mission of MCC.
Purpose of the Department
The Human Resource Department plays a key role in developing and administering a cost-
effective and results – oriented human resource programs, policies, services, and practices.
The Department shall actively implement the HR policies, manage the human resource
development process and maintain an up-to date human resource information system. The
Department shall strive to promote MCC as reputed employer through robust recruitment,
orientation, training and performance management processes and works towards ensuring a
favorable work culture.
Functions of the Department
- To ensure that MCC has clear, appropriate and workable policies and procedures for all
aspects of employment and volunteering.
- To ensure that MCC’s policies and procedures comply with legal requirements, and are
up-dated to comply with changes in the labor law of Liberia.
- To ensure all the process and practices in MCC compliance with MCC HR Policy and other
- To ensure that job descriptions for all positions/levels are developed and timely
updated to enable workers to understand their duties and responsibilities and deliver it
- To ensure all staff, whether paid or voluntary are properly recruited, inducted,
supervised, trained and supported.
- To play an intermediary role between staff and management, facilitating HR actions such
as disciplinary actions and grievances.
- To oversee staff welfare issues in terms of medical and personal accident insurance.
- To support the Directors/ Managers / Supervisors to undertake their HR Functions such as
disciplinary and other HR actions.
- To manage the performance appraisal system of MCC.
- To facilitate the remuneration and benefit administration.
- To develop, maintain, and manage an up to date Human Resource Information System.
Structure of the Department
The structure is intended to ensure that the above functions and responsibilities are
delivered, two key sections are constituted under the Human Resources Department and the
various jobs (Positions) organized under it. The Department is headed by the ‘Director’ and
the sections are headed by ‘Managers’.
The Two sections/ Units are:
- HR Policy Compliance section
- Performance Management Section